Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Busy, busy bee

Spring break was fantastic. Just what I needed! I also ended the first half of the semester on a great note: an AB on one exam and a B on the other. :)  So far, this semester is at a 90% average. I've got one class at 91, one at 90, and the other at 89. I'll take it!  I've been working really hard with my Health Alterations class. Though, I've found a good way for me to study. It's a lot of work but it's so worth it. I can't believe that in just a few short months I'll be an LPN!

I'm also excited to say that I'm finally taking a summer off. Since I started school in the summer of 2008, I've been go-go-go all year round. Part of me was debating about taking a class over the summer to limit my course load this fall but I decided that I need to give myself a chance to relax a bit. Plus, I'll be prepping for my NCLEX-PN (state boards to become an LPN) and then working as an LPN. I figure I can work full time hours and save up some cash before cutting back down to part-time this fall.

I also found out some fantastic news about continuing my education once I have my ADN. I've always planned on going on to get my BSN and MSN because I want to be a nurse midwife but I wasn't sure where I'd be going to school. Right out of college, I went to Viterbo and I LOVED it there. My problem was that I couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I started as a music theatre major. Ha.. riiiiiight.. that lasted less than half a semester. I quickly switched to Music Education, which I enjoyed but I felt like it wasn't the right fit for me. So then I switched to Elementary Education and then a brief stint in Psychology before I left school in 2004. Anyway, I loved the school, the instructors, the class sizes. The only issue was the price. Well, it turns out that's not as big of a deal for the BSN completion program. Since I'll already have one degree it's actually much cheaper per credit than if I went there for the full 4 year program. Even better... it's cheaper than going through the University of Wisconsin! I'm also excited that it would be face-to-face instead of online and classes meet once per week in 7 week chunks.

Viterbo told me I could apply a few weeks before my graduation from WTC so that I could register for that fall. This means that I would be graduating with my BSN by  2014!  What I love is that this program with Viterbo is designed for people already working as nurses and such. Which means that it (hopefully) wouldn't put a damper on the thought of having kids after I get my degree from TC.

So much to think about! I'm feeling so awesome about all of this, I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment