Thursday, February 24, 2011

How to balance it all?

Today, I've been working on an assignment that requires us to take a couple of Health Risk Assessments. I'm going to be honest, I haven't stepped on the scale in a while because I knew it would just make me feel extremely depressed. Well, this assessment required me to do so.

170 lbs.

Are you freaking kidding me?!

Suddenly, I'm hit with a TON of different feelings. Failure being one of them. I've always been in good shape and being active was never an issue for me because I LOVE being active (swimming, hiking, walking, biking, dancing..) But  since school has started (back in 2008) I've slowly put on this weight. I was 140lb when we got married (3 years ago) and I've gained approximately 10 pounds per year. That's not exactly a healthy course of action, here. I know it's also because I stopped teaching dance that same year (had to because of school.) Then came a job working in a call center where my stress level went WAY high and activity level went even lower. Now this semester.. I'm active when I'm at work, and I always try to park further away and take stairs instead of the elevator. I try to eat right (can't always though.. gonna be honest) and now I just feel .. gross.

I just don't know how to balance it all. Work, school, homework, sleep, and then working out. I'm so tired most of the time thanks to my crazy sleep schedule, that I don't want to do a "work out." I need something that feels relaxing instead of "C'Mon and burn those calories! Fell the burn!"- type workouts. I need to make time to get active and I think I need someone who will drag my butt out the door to do it.

Well, back to my assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment