Thursday, February 10, 2011

So here we go

I work, I study, and I live life. Why add a blog? Well, as odd as it sounds. I want to cut back on my FB time and figure I should just take my thoughts/feelings out in one blog rather than waste 5-10 minutes here or there logging onto FB throughout my day. I've decided I'm going to be open and honest and try as hard as I can to stay happy along the way. Mainly, I need a place to just talk. If you know me already, you know I talk a lot. Sometimes too much. I don't mean to.. I just have a difficult time shutting up. lol

So, here's the skinny on my background. I'm 26 (almost 27), married to Nick. We've got 3 cats and a house that we bought two years ago. I'm a second semester nursing student and I currently work as a nursing assistant at a nursing home, in the dementia unit. My past is a mixture of happiness, silliness, regret, drama, and stupidity. I secretly hope that I'm not alone in feeling that way. I had a tendency to grab onto people and be so terrified of losing them that I would suffocate them. Not healthy at all!  Looking back, I think it was a mixture of situations and immaturity.College wasn't much better. I had an amazing experience with a local festival when I was crowned their "queen" and that year my life changed a lot. A relationship ended, another one started, I quit school, and I moved out. I felt exhilarated, terrified, and overwhelmed. It took me a few years to figure things out. Basically, I had to own up to my mistakes.. as embarrassing as some were. I apologized to people and I told myself that I wouldn't fall back into my old behaviors. Those who knew me then and now have said they've seen the change.. so hopefully it's working. :)

To make a short story long.. Here I am. This blog will mainly be about my journey as a student and a person. I look back at how much I've grown in the ten years and I think it would be neat to blog and watch myself grow more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment